Corporate Lending and Credit Underwriting
Learn to Structure, Negotiate and Document a Corporate Credit Opportunity
This course is for credit bankers and will focus on the analysis of a borrower’s business and financial condition to ensure the bank makes the right credit decision. During the training, participants will learn how to: a) assess and structure various financing products; b) create a financing proposal for a client; c) conduct due diligence; d) learn critical criteria for internal risk management; and e) negotiate and document a transaction by understanding the key business issues in a credit agreement. This will be accomplished through coursework focused on a deep understanding of fundamental business and credit analysis, cash flow forecasting, valuation and transaction structuring. The program will include hands-on exercises developed from actual transactions.
3 – 5 days, depending on the amount of material to be covered
Business and Credit Analysis
- Utilize a company’s disclosure and knowledge of the client to assess creditworthiness, from both a qualitative and quantitative perspective
- Assess a company’s debt capacity and consider whether to present a preliminary “marketing” term sheet
- Review different financing structures
- Review and discuss the most important items found in a marketing term sheet
- Review a financial model to assist in structuring financial covenants for a marketing term sheet
- Create sensitivity analysis using a number of powerful Excel tools
- Incorporate appropriate ratios and performance metrics
Due Diligence and Risk Management
- Review key items to cover in the due diligence process
- Learn to identify risks and how to structure a transaction to mitigate them
- Review of the most important items to include in a submission to risk management for credit approval
Documentation & Negotiation
- Review of different types of security and what is required for different financing structures
- Understand what documents are required to take security in a corporate lending transaction
- Review of key sections of a Credit Agreement
- Learn how to negotiate changes to an existing Credit Agreement
Upcoming Corporate Lending and Credit Underwriting EventsAll Events
It looks like there aren't any scheduled events coming up. Get in touch or sign up for our newsletter to be informed about new events.
Sign up for The BenchMarq to stay informed of Marquee news & events.