Data Analysis and Communications with Excel
Learn to analyze and summarize complex data sets to create visually appealing decision making tools
The Data Analysis and Communication Course provides practical tips and hands-on application to a variety of data management, charting and formatting skills in an Excel environment. Participants will build a series of charts that complete a sample dashboard that provides summary analysis and detailed displays of the underlying data. A variety of chart types will be explored. Automating titles, creating informative labels and text boxes and learning best practices for dashboard design and construction will also be covered.
The course builds on the Excel tools from Data Manipulation with Excel – Part 1 and 2, including lookup functions, tables and pivot tables
Communicate Using Optimal Chart Types/Formatting
- Determine the optimal chart for presenting types of data
- Learn design ideas for simple and elegant charts
- Learn complex chart structures such as bubble charts and multiple chart styles in a single chart
- Use slicers and other tools to rapidly create interactive and flexible analysis
Data Organization and Manipulation Best Practices
- Organize and manage data effectively for chart and table creation
- Employ sophisticated automation techniques to manage data
- Use pivot tables to build powerful data analysis capabilities and link them to charts
Powerful Formatting and Automation Techniques
- Use formulas to automate titles and labels
- Use conditional formatting for unique data display and highlighting techniques
- Use text functions to create powerful descriptions in your charts
- Chart formatting tips to simplify chart creation and to build elegant and easily maintained visual reports
Upcoming Data Analysis and Communications with Excel EventsAll Events
It looks like there aren't any scheduled events coming up. Get in touch or sign up for our newsletter to be informed about new events.
Sign up for The BenchMarq to stay informed of Marquee news & events.