Modify an existing model to assess the impact of a new operating and/or financing scenario
This hands-on advanced modeling course deals with a common issue encountered by finance professionals: how to modify an existing model to dynamically incorporate a new potential operating and/or financing scenario? This session will cover design and flexibility concepts as well as various Excel techniques. Participants will be given an existing model of a company and asked to include an expansion scenario.
This course builds on "Building a Financial Model (of a Company)", so participants may want to complete that course prior to taking the Expansion Modeling session.
Design and Structure a Financial Model
- Design and layout a financial model clearly and logically
- Incorporate an assumptions section that sets out the parameters of the expansion project
Build Powerful Scenarios and Financial Statements
- Include a switching mechanism to turn the expansion on and off
- Permit the user to choose the year of expansion and the schedule/timing of Capex and incremental production capacity
Modify all Relevant Schedules
- Calculate the impact of the expansion on the company
- Incorporate a new term loan (with mandatory repayments) in the model to finance the project
- Add an excess cash flow sweep feature to an existing term loan
- Ensure that the pre-existing debt schedules continue to work properly
- Properly incorporate the new financing into the financial statements and ensure the balance sheet stays balanced
- Value the expansion project to determine its impact on the overall value of the company
- Assess the credit quality of the company taking into account the expansion and related financing
Upcoming Expansion Modeling EventsAll Events
It looks like there aren't any scheduled events coming up. Get in touch or sign up for our newsletter to be informed about new events.
Sign up for The BenchMarq to stay informed of Marquee news & events.