Finance Interview Prep (for Students)
Review of the technical questions most commonly asked during corporate finance interviews
In addition to financial modeling and Excel courses, The Marquee Group also offers Interview Preparation seminars at universities to help students prepare for finance interviews. Most finance interviewers ask three types of questions:
1. Fit Questions
2. Market Questions
3. Technical Finance Questions
The sessions are focused on the most common technical finance questions that students should be prepared to answer during corporate finance interviews (i.e., for investment banking, equity research, private equity or corporate finance roles).
- Overview of the characteristics that recruiters look for in candidates applying for finance related roles
Corporate Finance and Valuation
- Discuss the concepts of equity value and enterprise value
- Learn to apply comparable trading and precedent transaction analysis
- Review Discounted Cash Flow (“DCF”) analysis and common DCF errors
- Discuss financing alternatives available to corporations and their advantages/disadvantages
- Understand how to calculate the weighted average cost of capital
- Review the impact of income tax considerations on valuation
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Learn to apply valuation techniques (including precedent transactions)
- Identify and value synergies
- Understand accretion/dilution concepts and common misconceptions
- Interpret market reaction to M&A announcements
- Review Leveraged Buyout (“LBO”) analysis
Upcoming Finance Interview Prep (for Students) EventsAll Events
It looks like there aren't any scheduled events coming up. Get in touch or sign up for our newsletter to be informed about new events.
Sign up for The BenchMarq to stay informed of Marquee news & events.