Financial Services Project Modeling
Many professionals build models to assess the impact and feasibility of undertaking new projects. This course focuses on the skills required to design and create an interactive financial model to help decide whether a financial services company should expand its business by developing a new product. The course material includes model design, logic, construction, financial concepts and accounting treatment. Various intermediate Excel tools along with helpful keyboard shortcuts will also be covered throughout the day.
Participants should have a basic working knowledge of Excel and the banking sector prior to taking this course.
Design and Structure a Financial Model
- Design a clear and logical financial model
- Discuss the need for a model to serve as a marketing tool
- Create clearly defined inputs and assumptions sections
- Connect strings of data to create assumptions and footnotes
Build Scenarios and Financial Forecasts
- Use switches to create effective scenarios and value drivers
- Forecast the project’s revenues and expenses
- Develop a cash flow projection for the project
- Incorporate widely used financial and arithmetic functions
- Use logical functions to create complex formulas
Evaluate the Project
- Discuss various methodologies for evaluating a project
- Incorporate a schedule to evaluate the project’s returns
- Build a strong summary page to display the results
- Use various sensitivity tools to sensitize the project’s returns
- Conditionally format output tables to highlight specified results
- Set up print ranges to optimize the appearance of printed output
Upcoming Financial Services Project Modeling EventsAll Events
It looks like there aren't any scheduled events coming up. Get in touch or sign up for our newsletter to be informed about new events.