Infrastructure Portfolio Company Modeling
Design and create a finance model for infrastructure investment and transaction structure decision making
This course reviews project economic concepts and focuses on the skills required to design and create a model to help finance professionals evaluate an investment in an infrastructure portfolio company using a holding company structure. Participants will create a model of an electric utility, however, the course is relevant for an investment in any type of infrastructure portfolio company. The course material includes model design, logic, construction, and accounting treatment. Various intermediate and advanced Excel tools along with helpful keyboard shortcuts will also be covered throughout the course.
Power Generation Asset Modeling
- Incorporate key revenue and cost drivers for hydro and natural gas generation assets
- Build up detailed assumptions sections for plant CAPEX and capacity calculations
Design and Structure a Financial Model
- Design and layout a financial model clearly and logically
- Create clearly defined inputs and assumptions sections
Incorporate Advanced Capital Structure Features
- Build a detailed Sources and Uses schedule to understand the acquisition and sources of investment funding
- Layer in Financing Structure for the transaction
Build Powerful Scenarios and Financial Statements
- Use switches to create effective scenarios and value drivers
- Forecast and build-up the generation assets’ revenues and expenses
- Design and incorporate the infrastructure company’s income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement
- Construct all necessary schedules, including
Upcoming Infrastructure Portfolio Company Modeling EventsAll Events
It looks like there aren't any scheduled events coming up. Get in touch or sign up for our newsletter to be informed about new events.
Sign up for The BenchMarq to stay informed of Marquee news & events.