This course focuses on the skills required to design and create a dynamic financial model of a mining company that is developing an open-pit mine to produce base and precious metals. Issues related to mining, milling and processing will be discussed. The course material includes model design, logic, construction and financial concepts to create a best in class financial model of a mining company. Various intermediate Excel tools along with helpful keyboard shortcuts will also be covered throughout the course.
Design and Structure a Financial Model
- Design and layout a financial model clearly and logically
- Discuss the need for a model to serve as a marketing tool
- Create clearly defined inputs and assumptions sections
Build Powerful Scenarios and Financial Statements
- Use switches to create effective scenarios and value drivers
- Forecast and build-up the project’s revenues and expenses
- Construct all necessary schedules
- Develop a cash flow projection for the mining company
- Forecast the company’s financial statements
Evaluate the Project and the Company
- Incorporate a schedule to evaluate the project’s returns
- Build a detailed summary page to display the results
- Use various sensitivity tools to sensitize the project’s returns
- Conditionally format output tables to highlight specified results
Upcoming Mining Modeling EventsAll Events
Please note that this session will be offered as a Webinar. Description This course focuses on the ...
Sign up for The BenchMarq to stay informed of Marquee news & events.