R (Under Development)
Learn R to Manipulate, Analyze and Visualize Financial Data
Leveraging the powerful research-oriented functions in R, this course is designed to provide practice with common econometric tools used in Finance. Participants will be introduced to best practices programming in R to clean, analyze and visualize Financial Data.
Participants do not require prior programming knowledge but a general understanding of programming principals is recommended. Participants will be expected to download and install RStudio before the course.
1 – 2 days, depending on the amount of material to be covered
Using R in RStudio
- Developing familiarity with RStudio
- Introduction to Markdown
- Learn how to write programs in R and developing an understanding for functions, loops, logical operations and other programming best practices
Data Collection, Cleaning, Manipulation and Visualization
- Learn how to import data into data frames
- Develop the necessary skills to clean raw financial data, and gain familiarity in overcoming common issues with numerical data
- Learn how to merge data from various sources and leverage builtin functionality to gain efficiency
- Build programs to perform exploratory data analysis using basic statistical functions
- Develop the ability to create powerful visualizations using the ggplot package
Data Analysis and Modeling
- Gain practical experience in selected quantitative methods including linear regression, time series analysis, hypothesis testing and correcting for common statistical inference issues encountered with financial data
- Build and test financial market analyses to explore common tasks such as capital asset pricing, times series forecasting and multifactor models
Upcoming R (Under Development) EventsAll Events
It looks like there aren't any scheduled events coming up. Get in touch or sign up for our newsletter to be informed about new events.
Sign up for The BenchMarq to stay informed of Marquee news & events.