January 24-25, 2018
This advanced hands-on course reviews real estate project development concepts and focuses on the skills required to design and create a model to help finance professionals evaluate a real estate development investment. Using a mixed-use development case study, the course reviews concepts including model design, logic, project timing and various financing structures.
Design and Structure a Real Estate Development Project Model
- Design and layout the model clearly and logically
- Modeling various project phases
- Design a powerful scenario manager with advanced controls
- Construct financial statements and schedules for Construction timing, CAPEX, Revenues, etc.
- Calculate various important metrics including Net Operation Income, Cash Flow for Debt Service, Levered and Unlevered Free Cash Flow
Incorporate Advanced Capital Structure Features
- Construction Loans and take out
- Mortgage, Interest-only and Mezzanine debt structures
- Revolving credit facility with a cash sweep
- Create “flags” to monitor leverage and covenants
Sensitize and Evaluate the Project
- Explore model optimization and self-auditing techniques
- Evaluate a project’s returns using Net Present Value (“NPV”) and Levered and Unlevered Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
- Set up sensitivity analysis and create a strong summary page to display the results
Who Will Benefit
This seminar is designed for anyone who wants to improve their financial modeling skills and to create robust, flexible and dynamic models for real estate development projects.
The Marquee Group
56 Temperance Street, Suite 200
Toronto, Ontario, M5H 3V5
Date & Time
January 24-25, 2018
8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Lunch will be provided
- Attendees must bring their own laptop with access to Excel.
- Attendees should have a solid grasp of basic accounting fundamentals and proficiency with Excel prior to attending.
- EARLY PAYMENT PRICING: $1,050 + tax (if registration is paid by Wednesday, January 10, 2018)
- REGULAR COURSE PRICING: $1,200 + tax
PAYMENT DEADLINE: Friday, January 19, 2018
All of The Marquee Group’s courses are interactive and delivered through a combination of lectures, group discussions and hands-on computer assignments. In our courses, participants are provided with printed materials and electronic worksheet files. Following a session, participants have continued access to the instructors who are available to answer questions. Click here to view the refund and cancellation policies.Register Now