Building a Financial Model (of a Company)
This hands-on course focuses on the skills required to design and create an interactive financial model of a company that adheres to the highest industry standards. The course material includes model design, logic, construction, financial concepts and accounting treatment. During the seminar, participants will build a model that includes a forecast of a company’s income statement, cash flow statement and balance sheet.
Building a Financial Model (of a Company) also serves as a preparatory course for the Advanced Financial Modeler (AFM) exam offered by the Financial Modeling Institute (FMI)
Participants should have a solid grasp of basic accounting fundamentals and proficiency with Excel prior to taking this course.
8-12 hours, depending on the amount of material to be covered
Two Engaging Formats
Take our flagship course on financial modeling as a webinar or as a self-directed online course
Marquee offers Building a Financial Model (of a Company) in two convenient formats:
Our webinar experience mimics in-class sessions with a focus on interactivity. Sessions are built around discussions, work sessions, and access to instructors.
Our self-study course on Marqueepedia.com is the same great content in a self-directed format: 55 Expert Videos, 7+ Hours of interactive content, and practice assignments with full answer keys.
Register today for a webinar or take the course at your own pace online on Marqueepedia.com
Design and Structure a Financial Model
- Design a clear and logical financial model
- Discuss the need for a model to serve as a marketing tool
- Create clearly defined inputs and assumptions
- Connect strings of data to create assumptions and footnotes
Build Powerful Scenarios and Financial Statements
- Use switches to create effective scenarios and value drivers
- Forecast and build-up a company’s revenues and expenses
- Design and incorporate a company’s income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement
Incorporate all Relevant Schedules
- Construct all necessary schedules
- Use Lookup functions within the model to effectively extract information
- Properly incorporate Senior Term Debt with an amortizing repayment schedule
- Create a robust Bank Operating Line (or Revolving Credit Facility)
- Design and incorporate a cash sweep for a company’s Bank Operating Line
- Balance the company’s balance sheet
Upcoming Building a Financial Model (of a Company) EventsAll Events
PLEASE NOTE, this session will take place over two days, Sept 22 from 8:30am – 12:30pm and Sept 23 ...
PLEASE NOTE, this session will take place over two days, Oct 5 from 8:30am – 12:30pm and Oct 6 – ...
PLEASE NOTE, this session will take place over two days, Nov 17 from 8:30am – 12:30pm and Nov 18 a ...