Building an FP&A Model
This hands-on course focuses on the skills required to design and create an interactive Financial Planning & Analysis (“FP&A”) model of a cloud communications company that adheres to the highest industry standards.
The course material includes model design, logic, construction, financial concepts and accounting treatment. During the seminar, participants will build a model that includes forecasts of a detailed monthly revenue build up by contract, FTE level costing and other division level costing components. The model will also include integrated financial statements.
Participants should have a solid grasp of basic accounting fundamentals and proficiency with Excel prior to taking this course.
8 - 12 hours
Design and Structure a Financial Model
- Design a clear and logical financial model
- Discuss the need for a model to serve as a marketing tool
- Create clearly defined inputs and assumptions
- Connect strings of data to create assumptions and footnotes
Build Powerful Scenarios and Financial Statements
- Use switches to create effective scenarios and value drivers
- Forecast and build-up a company’s revenues and expenses from detailed monthly estimates and projections
- Design and incorporate a company’s income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement
Incorporate all Relevant Schedules
- Construct all necessary schedules
- Use Lookup functions within the model to effectively extract information
- Build and manage complex formulas for multi-period contract payments that contain price escalators
- Properly incorporate Senior Term Debt with an amortizing repayment schedule
- Create a robust Bank Operating Line (of Revolving Credit Facility)
- Design and incorporate a cash sweep for a company’s Bank Operating Line
- Balance the company’s balance sheet