Excel 2: Advanced Data Analysis
This session covers advanced level Excel topics that are required to manage and
analyze data. This hands-on course is intended for anyone who uses Excel
extensively and who is already comfortable with the skills that were taught in “Excel 1: Core Data Analysis”. Assignments, handouts and examples will be
used throughout the day.
Participants should take "Excel 1: Core Data Analysis" or have strong Excel skills prior to taking this course.
- Use Excel’s Database functions so that Excel can be used instead of Microsoft Access
- Learn common uses for the Database functions, some of the most underutilized tools in Excel
Static and Dynamic Naming
- Discuss the rationale for using Static Names when building formulas
- Learn to create Dynamic Named Ranges, one of the most powerful concepts in Excel which allows users to automatically update graphs, Lookup functions and Pivot Tables
- Learn to create a Table (previously known as a List) to manage and analyze data
- Use Structured Reference functions to perform powerful calculations on a dataset
- Use some of Excel’s more advanced Lookup functions, including the INDEX function, and learn helpful applications for their use
- Use advanced conditional formatting tools to enhance the caliber of analytical output
- Review Excel’s security features, including some lesser-known techniques to protect a spreadsheet
- Use Excel’s Data Validation tool to restrict a cell’s contents
Upcoming Excel 2: Advanced Data Analysis EventsAll Events
Description This session covers advanced level Excel topics that are required to manage data. This ...
PLEASE NOTE, this session will take place over two days, Nov 23 from 8:30am – 12:30pm and Nov 24 a ...