Manufacturing Project Modeling
Many professionals build models to assess the impact and feasibility of undertaking new projects. This course reviews project economic concepts and focuses on the skills required to design and create a financial model to help a company decide whether it should invest in a new project. Various intermediate Excel tools along with helpful keyboard shortcuts will also be covered throughout the course.
Participants should have a basic working knowledge of Excel and the manufacturing sector prior to taking this course.
8 - 16 hours, depending on the amount of material to be covered
Review Project Economics Concepts
- Discuss key business concepts that impact a project
Design and Structure a Financial Model
- Design a clear and logical financial model
- Discuss the need for a model to serve as a marketing tool
- Create clearly defined inputs and assumptions sections
- Connect strings of data to create assumptions and footnotes
Build Scenarios and Financial Forecasts
- Use switches to create effective scenarios and value drivers
- Forecast the project’s revenues and expenses
- Develop a cash flow projection for the project
- Incorporate financial and arithmetic functions
- Use logical functions to create complex formulas
Evaluate the Project
- Incorporate a schedule to evaluate the project’s returns
- Build a strong summary page to display the results
- Use various tools to sensitize the project’s returns
- Conditionally format output tables to highlight specified results
- Set up print ranges to optimize the appearance of printed output
Upcoming Manufacturing Project Modeling EventsAll Events
It looks like there aren't any scheduled events coming up. Get in touch or sign up for our newsletter to be informed about new events.
Sign up for The BenchMarq to stay informed of Marquee news & events.