Mid-Market Lending 2 – Documentation and Negotiation
This course focuses on preparing loan documentation to ensure the bank is protected in an event of default. Participants will discuss security and documentation requirements for a syndicated deal. A credit agreement will be reviewed to learn which sections are contentious and need to be negotiated. Participants will have an opportunity to negotiate a client’s request for major changes to an existing Credit Agreement.
Participants should have a high level of familiarity with credit products prior to taking this course.
Types of Security
- Understand what types of security are required for different financing structures
- Review different types of security, including:
- GSA, PPSA, Mortgages, Guarantees, PMSI, Negative Pledges
- Structural subordination
- Understand what documents are required to take security in a corporate lending transaction
- Review of key sections of a Credit Agreement, including:
- Conditions Precedent
- Payment of Interest and Fees
- Reps & Warranties
- Financial Covenants
- Events of Default
- Identify items which are contentious and subject to negotiation
- Identify business issues that need be resolved prior to involving legal counsel
- Learn how to negotiate changes to an existing Credit Agreement
Upcoming Mid-Market Lending 2 – Documentation and Negotiation EventsAll Events
It looks like there aren't any scheduled events coming up. Get in touch or sign up for our newsletter to be informed about new events.
Sign up for The BenchMarq to stay informed of Marquee news & events.