Mid-Market Lending 2 – Documentation and Negotiation
This course focuses on preparing loan documentation to ensure the bank is protected in an event of default. Participants will discuss security and documentation requirements for a syndicated deal. A credit agreement will be reviewed to learn which sections are contentious and need to be negotiated. Participants will have an opportunity to negotiate a client’s request for major changes to an existing Credit Agreement.
Participants should have a high level of familiarity with credit products prior to taking this course.
Types of Security
- Understand what types of security are required for different financing structures
- Review different types of security, including:
- GSA, PPSA, Mortgages, Guarantees, PMSI, Negative Pledges
- Structural subordination
- Understand what documents are required to take security in a corporate lending transaction
- Review of key sections of a Credit Agreement, including:
- Conditions Precedent
- Payment of Interest and Fees
- Reps & Warranties
- Financial Covenants
- Events of Default
- Identify items which are contentious and subject to negotiation
- Identify business issues that need be resolved prior to involving legal counsel
- Learn how to negotiate changes to an existing Credit Agreement
Upcoming Mid-Market Lending 2 – Documentation and Negotiation EventsAll Events
It looks like there aren't any scheduled events coming up. Get in touch or sign up for our newsletter to be informed about new events.