Oil and Gas Financial Modeling
This course focuses on the skills required to design and create a dynamic financial model of an oil and gas exploration and production company. The model includes producing oil and gas reserves and development drilling to increase production. The course material includes model design, logic, construction, financial concepts and accounting treatment. Various intermediate Excel tools along with helpful keyboard shortcuts will also be covered throughout to course.
Participants should have a basic working knowledge of Excel and the oil and gas sector prior to taking this course.
8 - 16 hours, depending on the amount of material to be covered.
Design and Structure a Financial Model
- Design a clear and logical financial model
- Discuss the need for a model to serve as a marketing tool
- Create clearly defined inputs and assumptions sections
Build Scenarios and Financial Forecasts
- Use switches to create effective scenarios and value drivers
- Forecast and build-up a company’s revenues and expenses
- Construct all necessary schedules
Incorporate the Capital Structure
- Properly incorporate Senior Term Debt with an amortizing repayment schedule
- Create a robust Bank Operating Line (or Revolving Credit Facility)
- Design and incorporate a cash sweep for a company’s Bank Operating Line
- Balance the company’s balance sheet
- Calculate key operating and credit statistics
Upcoming Oil and Gas Financial Modeling EventsAll Events
It looks like there aren't any scheduled events coming up. Get in touch or sign up for our newsletter to be informed about new events.
Sign up for The BenchMarq to stay informed of Marquee news & events.