Oil Sands Development Project Modeling
Design and create a financial model to help decide whether a mining or in situ oil sands project should be developed
Many professionals build models to assess the impact and feasibility of undertaking new projects. This course focuses on the skills required to design and create an interactive financial model to help decide whether an oil & gas company should develop an oil sands deposit. Issues related to both mining and in situ projects will be discussed. The course material includes model design, logic, construction, financial concepts and accounting treatment. Various intermediate Excel tools along with helpful keyboard shortcuts will also be covered throughout the course.
Design and Structure a Financial Model
- Design and layout a financial model clearly and logically
- Discuss the need for a model to serve as a marketing tool
- Create clearly defined inputs and assumptions sections
Build Powerful Scenarios and Financial Statements
- Use switches to create effective scenarios and value drivers
- Forecast and build-up the project’s revenues and expenses
- Construct all necessary schedules
- Develop a cash flow projection for the mining company
Evaluate the Project
- Incorporate a schedule to evaluate the project’s returns
- Build a strong summary page to display the results
- Use various sensitivity tools to sensitize the project’s returns
- Conditionally format output tables to highlight specified results
- Analyze the impact of building an upgrader or selling diluted bitumen directly to refiners
Upcoming Oil Sands Development Project Modeling EventsAll Events
It looks like there aren't any scheduled events coming up. Get in touch or sign up for our newsletter to be informed about new events.
Sign up for The BenchMarq to stay informed of Marquee news & events.