Power Project (Operations) Modeling
This course reviews project economic concepts and focuses on the skills required to design and create a financial model to help a power company decide whether it should invest in a new solar power project that has a power purchase agreement in place. The course material includes model design, logic, construction, financial concepts and accounting treatment. Various intermediate Excel tools along with helpful keyboard shortcuts will also be covered throughout the course.
Participants should have a basic knowledge of Excel and the power sector prior to taking this course.
8 - 16 hours, depending on the amount of material to be covered.
Power Asset Dynamics and Economics
- Review the unique modeling features required to evaluate a regulated entity
- Discuss the specific revenue and cost drivers of a power project
- Learn to create a model for which the returns to shareholders have been pre-set by the regulator
Design and Structure a Financial Model
- Design a clear and logical financial model
- Create defined inputs and assumptions
Build Powerful Scenarios and Financial Statements
- Use switches to create effective scenarios and value drivers
- Forecast and build-up the project’s revenues and expenses
- Design and incorporate a company’s income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement
- Construct all necessary schedules
Evaluate the Project
- Incorporate a schedule to evaluate the project’s returns
- Build a strong summary page to display the results
- Set up print ranges to optimize the appearance of printed output
Upcoming Power Project (Operations) Modeling EventsAll Events
It looks like there aren't any scheduled events coming up. Get in touch or sign up for our newsletter to be informed about new events.
Sign up for The BenchMarq to stay informed of Marquee news & events.