Python 1: Core Data Analysis
During this hands-on course, participants will gain the skills needed to develop Python programs to solve typical Finance problems, cutting through the noise of generic “Data Science” courses. Participants will be introduced to best-practices programming in Python to clean, analyze, and visualize financial data.
A general understanding of programming principles is recommended but not required. Participants should also understand finance concepts but in-depth analytical understanding is not necessary. Participants are expected to download & install Anaconda or an equivalent Python distribution in advance of the course.
- Developing familiarity with the Anaconda Python Distribution
- Managing environments and Installing packages
- Gain familiarity with open source Python Development
- Learn how to write programs in Python and developing an understanding for data structures, functions, loops, logical operations and other programming best practices
Data Collection, Cleaning, Manipulation and Visualization
- Import data from various sources (CSV, JSON, Excel) into pandas (a high-performance library of data structures)
- Develop the necessary skills to clean raw financial data, and gain familiarity in overcoming common issues with numerical data
- Merge data from various sources and leverage builtin functionality to gain efficiency
- Build programs to perform exploratory data analysis using basic statistical functions
- Develop the ability to create powerful visualizations using the pandas plotting functions
Upcoming Python 1: Core Data Analysis EventsAll Events
It looks like there aren't any scheduled events coming up. Get in touch or sign up for our newsletter to be informed about new events.