Real Estate Development Project Modeling
Design and create a real estate development project model for investment and decision making
This course reviews real estate project finance concepts and focuses on the skills required to design and create a model to help finance professionals evaluate a real estate development investment. In the course we review a case study for a mixed-use development project and examine concepts including model design, logic, project timing and various phases and various financing structures. Various intermediate and advanced Excel tools along with helpful keyboard shortcuts will also be covered throughout the course.
Participants should have a good working knowledge of Excel and financial modeling prior to taking this course
Design and Structure a Real Estate Development Project Model
- Design and layout the model clearly and logically
- Lay out all necessary assumptions
- Modeling various project phases
- Use date functions and binary flags to manipulate model cash flows and flexibly manage timing in the model
- Design a powerful scenario manager with advanced controls
- Construct financial statements and necessary schedules
- Calculate various important metrics including Net Operating Income, Cash Flow for Debt Service, Levered and Unlevered Free Cash Flow
Incorporate Advanced Capital Structure Features
- Layer in financing structure
Sensitize and Evaluate the Project
- Explore model optimization and self-auditing techniques
- Set-up financing sensitivity analysis – revenue reductions, cost overruns, interest rate risk, etc.
- Incorporate and control model circularity
- Incorporate a schedule to evaluate the project’s returns
- Build a strong summary page to display the results
Upcoming Real Estate Development Project Modeling EventsAll Events
This advanced hands-on course reviews real estate project development concepts and focuses on the to ...
Sign up for The BenchMarq to stay informed of Marquee news & events.