Going Public: The IPO Process
This comprehensive course focuses on the legal requirements, marketing elements and transactional process for the initial public offering of a company’s common shares. The course material includes a detailed overview of the legal and listing requirements, development of marketing materials and transaction structure considerations. During the seminar, participants will analyze a detailed case study and discuss the practical implications of transaction structure and marketing.
Participants should have some level of familiarity with capital markets prior to taking the course.
Review the Initial Public Offering Process
- Discuss the rationale for an Initial Public Offering (“IPO”)
- Assess the market conditions
- Review the legal framework and filing requirements
- Understand the timeline and schedule of an offering process
- Review the listing requirements and considerations
Analyze a Detailed Case Study
- Discuss a real world transaction
- Assess the impact of critical transaction features
- Conduct a review of filed documents
Discuss the Implications of Transaction Structure and Marketing Choices
- Review of all major transaction features, including:
- Over-allotment option
- Black Out and Lock Up arrangements
- Syndicate selection and economics
- Underwriting Agreement and critical clauses
- Discuss the role of due diligence
- Learn how to identify prospective buyers and conduct marketing best practices
Upcoming Going Public: The IPO Process EventsAll Events
It looks like there aren't any scheduled events coming up. Get in touch or sign up for our newsletter to be informed about new events.
Sign up for The BenchMarq to stay informed of Marquee news & events.